Sunday, October 25, 2009

A marathon season ended, conclusions and future plans!

Wow, I still can't believe how much I've achieved this season. I started the season with a dreaded knee injury, I couldn't run (or walk!) for more than 20 minutes without feeling pain in my left knee. Then, everything went back to normal in May, where I could start training again. I was in Nice at that time and I ran the 10km cross in Sophia-Antipolis in 42:30 min. Then, I came back to Montreal and made plans to run my first marathon in October, which I did last week-end! I ran the Toronto Marathon in 3h17:47!.

This is the time of the year when I can relax a little and think about what I should work on this winter to prepare for next year.

My goal for next year are the following:

1. Qualify for Boston Marathon (3h10:59): I'll probably be able to qualify for Boston Marathon in Ottawa in May or in Montreal in September.

2. Run my fastest half marathon (1h34:54): I definitely want to beat that time. I now concentrate my efforts on running marathons, but I've run so many half-marathons in the past, it just seems I can do better now that I am in great shape.

We'll see how I do! I'll post how my training program and how much distance I've run each week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ss_blog_claim=28aa8f0c043c752664b6688a7804757e ss_blog_claim=28aa8f0c043c752664b6688a7804757e